EFFECTIVE DATE: September 20, 2017
By visiting the Sites, or by downloading and using the App, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Sites or App, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. The Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
Effective Date and Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. Please note that we may change this Policy from time to time and will post any such changes to this Policy on the Sites. Therefore, it is important to view the Policy periodically. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Sites or if you have an account with us, providing notice to the email address in your account (for this reason you should make sure to update your account information promptly if it changes).
The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Sites or App.
Information We Collect Directly From You. You may browse certain areas of the Sites without registering with us or providing us personal information. If you complete our contact form on the Sites, we will collect your name and email address. If you download the App, we will collect your first and last name, email address, mobile telephone number and user name.
Information We Collect Automatically. We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Sites or App through cookies and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; your mobile device ID; the length of time you visit our Sites or App; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Sites. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your user name, name, and other personal information Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
Geolocation. If you have provided permission through your mobile device to allow us to collect location information through the App, we may obtain your physical location information from technologies like GPS, Wi-Fi, or cell tower proximity. The App may use the geo-location features of the App (GPS or network-based) and geo-location information that is collected through the App and your mobile device, to track your location and provide you information regarding the physical world around you. You are able to withdraw your permission for us to acquire such physical location information from your mobile device through your mobile device settings, although we do not control this process. If you have questions about how to disable your mobile device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile device service provider or the mobile device manufacturer.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Sites and App to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Sites and App, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To process and transmit the content that you elect to share through the Sites and App, and to track your physical location if you have permitted geo-location tracking through the App as described above.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Sites or App.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Sites, App and related services on third party websites.
- To better understand how users access and use our Sites and App, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Sites and App and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Other Users. Any information that you post to public areas of our Sites or App, including, without limitation, photos, videos, reviews, comments, and text will be available to, and searchable by, all users of the Sites and App.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries solely for the purpose of providing the Sites and App to you; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be maintained by such affiliates and subsidiaries in accordance with this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties and publicly for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies), but such disabling will impair use of the Sites and App.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Sites and App, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Sites and App. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Sites. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Sites.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Sites who disable cookies will not be able to browse certain areas of the Sites or use the App.
Third Party Analytics
We also use third-party verification and authentication technologies, such as Google Digits, to authenticate users of our App. Such technologies may use your user mobile phone number and device ID to send authentication tokens, such as an SMS message or code to your mobile device, to authenticate your access and use of the App.
We may invite you to post content on or through public areas of our Sites or App, including your comments, photos, videos, pictures, and any other information that you would like to be available on our Sites or App. Please note, however, that if you post such content to public areas of our Sites or App, all of the information or content that you post may be available to other visitors or users of our Sites or App. Your postings and content may become public and we cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Our Sites and App may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, mobile device, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Access To My Personal Information
You may access, update and delete your personal profile in the account associated with the App at any time. You may also request copies, modifications or deletions of personal information that you have submitted to us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Sites for a period of time.
Location of Personal Information
We store any personal information or data we collect from users within the United States. If you access the Sites or App from outside the United States, you consent to the transfer, processing and storage of your personal information in and to the United States, which may provide protection for your personal information that varies from the protection provided by the jurisdiction in which you reside.
Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any App you have requested or received from us, including in-App messages regarding updates or upgrades to the App.
Children Under 13
Our Sites and App are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Sites or App or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com.